how to collect daphnia eggs
how to collect daphnia eggs. All you need to do is
- scoop or suck some mud/sediment/sand out
- spread it thinly on a ceramic/metal/plastic plate or bowl
- and leave it to dry in a warm dry place for a week or so.
- When fully dry just scrape it off, put in a plastic or paper bag
For old culture tank instruction
This is for tanks or tubs that have been culture for months or years already.
Video sample of old culture tank
- If you get a couple spoonfuls of sand and add to the tank then stir it up
- rub the gunk/algae/sludge loose from the bottom of the tank.Like washing a pot or the dishes.
- Then wait a week and syphon it out(or do a water change and collect the sediment that way) it should have a few eggs in.
- Sort of clean the tank but let it all settle then collect it later on.
- Waiting a week or maybe 2 should be fine because the tank is old.
- Then it will take another 1 or 2weeks to dry on a plate/bowl.
- It must be very very very dry or it rots/fungi/mould